Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reusable Trays for Kids

My challenges at the grocery store include three things that are asked for inevitably, why is it that kids go crazy in a grocery store...so much to see, feel, look at and food companies do a great job of advertising! I struggle with the frozen food isle, bakery section, and the check out line due to all the candy that little hands are able to grab.

There is one particular item every time that is asked for...Anyone? Anyone? Yes, maybe you also have a child that asks for this same meal, chicken nugget convenient meals that come in the blue trays...Company remaned nameless but wow, I must say you have marketed this fully packagable high in fat and calories, terrible tasting meal to kids and have done a pretty good job of it...A definite A+ for my child asking for this meal every time. I usually give into this request out of time desperation at some time in the week, it's easy quick and usually includes some vegetable and let's not forget the hook line and sinker for all kids the gummies or the pudding with sprinkles.

When the meal is done, I don't want to throw away the tray and it seems that I could use it for something...The past few times, I have been tossing away this calorie packed preservative kids meal and cooking a chicken strip in the oven, adding some grapes, and corn to go along and Viola...a kids meal that looks and tastes better than a frozen one any day, time, money, and a plastic tray all saved in a day...

From our kitchen to yours,
Vanny Bean


photo.jpg

No comments: