Monday, December 6, 2010

Spending Christmas with Jesus this Year








Holiday Cheer
The time is near, you can almost smell it in the air. Signs of people hustling around and making lists checking them twice, and trying to find out who’s naughty and nice. Baking cookies, hot chocolate, and decorating the tree are just a few things that come to my mind. Each year, I take out the wooden manger and there’s one ornament every year that has my heart. It’s always at the bottom of the box and I always tend to forget it’s there until I open the box. It’s the Christmas from Heaven ornament. I pull it out and read the message:
Merry Christmas from Heaven

”I still hear the songs I still see the lights

I still feel your love on cold wintery nights
I still share your hopes and all of your cares

I'll even remind you to please say your prayers
I just wanted to tell you you still make me proud

You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment to stay in His grace

I came here before you to help set your place

You don't have to be perfect all of the time

He forgives you the slip If you continue the climb

To my family and friends please be thankful today

I'm still close beside you in a new special way

I love you all dearly now don't shed a tear

Cause I'm spending my Christmas with Jesus this year”

It's a suttle reminder to make me think about the person I am today and how I became this person.

The holidays are a time of joy, love and celebration. Honor those you love by hanging a special ornament that shows your love. The holidays are a time of celebration for every religion and every belief. Show your loved ones and family how much they mean to you, even in the smallest of ways!
Many Blessings upon you and your family this holiday season,
Love Vanny Bean

No comments: