Monday, August 9, 2010

The Starting of Kindergarten

My little one will be starting kindergarten this Fall...I have such mixed feelings about it. On one hand, all my friends say you will cry like a baby and on the other hand I feel like she's been doing the kindergarten thing already for the past two years since she's in school all day...

Is it really that different than now or is it such a powerful memorable day that brings on these strong emotions and sense of loss as your little one is growing up? I am not sure what to think about all this but I have my homework in front of me now. . . more packets to fill out as if the pile an inch thick at registration wasn't enough. Not to mention, I still need to find a birth certificate floating around somewhere...Birth certificates are funny in that way, like proof that you made it into this world by a signed doctor, like that's proof.

I have the school supply list and need to do all the back to school shopping and then we are officially in business...Okay okay maybe I'm in a little bit of denial wondering if it's all happening this soon but it will soon be here and I just don't know what to think of it all. I'm sure I'm like every mamma out there on their child's first day, you try to be so tough and grounded but I'm almost positive there will be tears and when there is, I may need to write another blog about just how emotional this experience is of the first day...

I can still remember mine and have the picture of the first day of school...Powerful memories! Make sure to take a picture to all the mom's or caretakers of the world out there.

Reduse, Reuse, Rock on!!!!!

No comments: